hidden gems tours, inc
learn. eat. share.
The Madam C. J. Walker Tour
What you will see on our tour
- King Historic District metro rail station stop on Auburn Avenue.
- The Haugabrooks Funeral Home and Wheat Street Baptist Church at the corner of Auburn Avenue and William Holmes Borders Sr.
- The Atlanta Breakfast Club which features Waffles and Chicken recipes.
- The major event of the tour will be the Madam CJ Walker Museum and WERD Radio Station
- Prince Hall Masonic Building and Tabor Temple
- Atlanta Street Car’s Dobbs Plaza and overpass, Auburn Vinyl Store
- The Odd Fellows Building
- Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Mangos Restaurant and Peach Cobbler
- Auburn Avenue Research Library on African American Culture and History and the Apex Museum
This is the of Historic Auburn Avenue District
ADVANCE PURCHASE IS RECOMMENDED
Experience a real private tour around Historic Auburn Avenue District
The Sweet Auburn Historic District stretches for a mile and a half along Auburn Avenue in downtown Atlanta. This was one of the wealthiest African American streets in the world at the turn of the century. During the 1960s, it was the epicenter of the civil rights movement. Sweet Auburn is reviving after a period of decline with the Sweet Auburn Curb Market open Monday-Saturday, the Sweet Auburn Heritage Festival celebrated the first weekend in October, and the MLK National Historic Site.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HISTORIC SWEET AUBURN ATLANTA
Adopt The Pace Of Nature
Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church
Look Deep Into History
the Odd Fellows Building and Auditorium
Just Living Is Not Enough
Glimpse of Sweet Auburn Historic District